Ask me your questions and I will answer! ;)

Hey guys,  I’ve been getting lots of questions about makeup, how I started, etc and it’s hard to answer them all throughout the day so I thought I’d have you all ask me here on the comments area of this post and I will then post another blog with your answers. This way, you can all see answers to other peoples questions that can be helpful to you.  Xo

Mario

Post to Twitter

86 Responses to Ask me your questions and I will answer! ;)

• dddavis says:

Hi Mario, My skin tone is about the same as Halle Berry or a little darker but I’d like my skin to glow.I don’t wear any make-up the most I do is lip gloss and blush every now and again but I’d do want to do a little more or just have a glow about myself. Also I’d like to know if you maintain Kim’s brow’s? They always look nice and manicured. Is most of the look the powder? Thanks for your time and help. I hope you can help me look fresh again.

• kariariana says:

Hi Mario! I have Asian eyes and I would like to make up to the style “smokey eyes”. My eyelids are flat and i don`t know how to make up them…. How can i do that? I hope you can help me :)) Thanks 🙂 Kari from Argentina.

• MarieBride says:

Hi Mario! I am getting MARRIED!!!! I want to know if you reccomend anyone in Miami, FL to do my make up for me on the day of my wedding. No joke, I am literally terrified of having someone mess up my make up on my wedding day. How can I find a true artist I can trust such as yourself.

• violet says:

Hello Mario

Thank you for sharing your expertise. My concern is my acne/blemish/scar face. It makes me feel ugly and I don’t like making eye contacting with people. I would love to cover it up some what better so it can look at least fresh not dry and cracked. My foundation looks crusty over my face and covers it somewhat. I have combination skin.
    0. What moisturizer would you recommend a regular one or tinted? which brand?
    1. what primer may I use. Is Smash box or Givenchy or Nars?
    2. What concealer Laura Mercier camouflage or Nars or Make4ever?
    3. What foundation do you rec makeup4 ever HD or duo matte foundation,4 forever powder or Giorgio?
    4.Is Laura Mercier loose powder okay?
    Please help me, I know you use these brands, but if you have other brands you recommend please do so.
    much love violet xoxo

• Rachel says:

Hey Mario, I love your work and I am so excited about this site I cant wait to go to sephora and purchase some new things you suggested. I have pale skin although i do use bronzer and self tanners to get more color and I love baby pink lipstick and gloss I already have angel by mac and a new one from ysl number 1 i was wondering if there are any other nice baby pink lipsticks that you can suggest that come on baby pink and not too sheer, i love the lipsticks that I have but im always on the search for new ones thanks

• alime101 says:

Hi,

I am not sure if you are answering any more questions, but I really need help! Lol. I have very light skin and freckles. I hate them!! Is there make up out there that will help conceal them with out making me look like I have a thick makeup mask? I currently use MAC concealers ( 2 of them), foundation and their pressed powder.

Any advice would be GREATY appriciated.

Thanks

• scolbert says:

Hi Mario,

I love your work and was wondering if there were any brands you would recommend for black women. I’m of african american and puerto rican heritage so my skin is pretty tan and I’ve had problems finding foundations bc most are too light making me look chalky or too dark. I also have slanted eyes are there any simple tricks to make them pop?

Thanks,
    Steph

• BRENDA926 says:

PLEEEASE mario what color lipstick was kim wearing at the orphan premier!?? its so pretty on her! is it mac?!

• danakedtruth says:

What foundation and powder did you use on Lil’ Kim and are you her makeup artist now?

• IsaGallegos says:

Hi Mario, My question is a painful and aggravating one, that NO ONE has ever answered me.
    I gained weight when i was in my teens, which caused me to get small tiny strech marks on my neck area, then i developed skin spots from the sun (liver spots) which are brown and are just nasty to me. Im latin with honey brown skin. I have tried to add foundation, conceal it, then translucent power, then the bronzer…NOTHING helps. It has made me feel so ugly and so sad because i cant make them look better or i cant make them go away. I avoid tank tops halter tops any white coller things just so that they dont pop out, i feel like even my husband feels sad for me.Please please help me get myself back.
    Thanks!

• Layz says:

Hi Mario, I love your art in makeup very elegant and simple. I would like to know what makeup to wear with a red (classy) dress.

Thanks,
    Layz

• yazmin0925 says:

Hi Mario!
    My name is Yazmin and I am getting married in January 2010 in Miami, Fl. I am not sure what the best way to contact you is. So I have become a member of your site in hopes to find out your availability for January 22, 2010 and how much do you charge for your services. You are the best out there! I hope to hear from you.
    Kindly,
    Yazmin

• NyCzDoLL says:

“For Kim’s lips, I used a little bit of the foundation on them, followed by a clear gloss. So easy”

WOW I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THIS…AMAZING….I AM GOING TO TRY IT XOXO…

also, i have tried many different blushes,,EVEN ORGASM by Nars but it just doesn’t go well w/ my olive skintone…currently i am using Diane vonFurstenberg’s “pink dream”…it works well on me but do you have any other suggestions???

• NyCzDoLL says:

HI = )

QUESTION:
    WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DO ANOTHER VIDEO AND ARE YOU EVER COMING OUT WITH A BOOK?

• melissabg1 says:

Hi =)
    I have acne pron skin, currently I am using Glo Minerals and I think it is causing me to break out. I am taking prescription medication from the doctor and it seems to be working except for the makeup. What kind of makeup should I be using on my skin? I have tried so many things, I am just tiered of having acne. Please help.

Melissa

• Ella says:

Mario! =)
    You’re truly amazing! I sincerely hope you can answer my questions.

1. I have oily & acne prone skin, which I am treating with proactive skin care. I was wondering what foundation would be the best option for oily skinned people like myself? I know there are yellow based and pink based foundations – My skin is light (not pale though) with pink undertones – What foundation what you recommend that would give full and flawless coverage?

Thank you so much! I hope you help me!

Ella xox

• tempted_1 says:

Hi Mario,
    Let me just start by saying your work is brilliant and inspirational. The fact that you can take the time to answer questions says a lot about you, so I would like to thank you in advance. I currently use MAC prep & prime, Mac studio fix fluid, and fix powder. However I notice that my skin always looks very shinny when I take pictures, so today I purchased the Make up Forever HD liquid and the HD micro finish loose powder. Do you think this was a right move and is it okay to incorporate the MAC pressed powder or will that take away from the HD look? kinda kicking myself for not consulting you first…lol..

• jeanea says:

Hi Mario,
    I live in Ghana and the weather is usually very hot all year. pls what kinds and brands of makeup can last all day here? i am african and am 20yrs but i have these big permanent bags under my eyes. how do i hide them with makeup so i don’t look so tired all the time. thanks.

• crush says:

Hi Mario,

I rarely wear makeup, but I would like to begin to. In the morning I usually don’t have much time to play with hair and makeup, if any – maybe 5 min. tops. What are the makeup essentials for a simple, quick, and easy look?

• emmz says:

Hi Mario …..pls pls help me with this, i bought gorgio armani silk luminous foundation 6.5 as evry makeup artist told me this was my perefect shade and I also thought it was but then in my photos I look orange. .is this oxidation issue. I have combination skin. I apply primer, foundation then set with powder.what am I doing wrong. out of all the foundations i’ve tried from different companies this is the one I like most- in terms of look it gives but problem with color of it. Please tell me what shades you mix for Kim as my skin color is similar to her’s and I’m planning to mix my own colors. How to I pick which colors to mix. Also please give advice on what makeup to use to look good in photos. Thank you. Thanks for all your hard working in creating videos, blog all, your advice and tips

• makeup enthusiast says:

Hello Mario. I am a big fan of your work and was hoping if you could give me some tips on the ever so famous yet tricky smokey eye look. My skin complexsion would be similar to Oprah Winfrey to give you an idea, ha. I want to achieve the PIERCING smokey eye you give Kim K. Also how can I achieve this look without having it smudged underneath the eye. I know you have so many questions to answer. Thank you for your time.

Stephanie

• princesssassy says:

Hi Mario! Hope you are doing fab.. I have a few question regarding beauty products that I would like to pick your brain, or I should say get your expert on it.

1) What is your top 3 favorite/ recommendation on body lotion?

2) After doing a photo shoot or I should say on a regular day applying making what is your recommendation on make up removal face wash?

3) What eye cream do you recommend?

4) Do you recommend using toner every day before lotion? If so, which brand?

5) I’ve tried so many different mascara and all of them give me the black under eye, people have told me to use water proof but those really dry out my lashes. I am currently using and switching between YSL, Make up forever, MAC and Dior show and non of them gives me the full and long lashes. So i have to wear fake lash by Shu which are amazing……

6) If you could recommend 5 item every female must have in their purse at all time what would it be, please name band, and color…

I know it’s a lot of question, but thanks for taking the time out reading and answering. I soooooo THANK YOU….

I’ve been checking your website almost every other day hope that you will post up more how to get KIM KARDASHIAN’S look…..

• beautyfullll says:

MARIO omg honestly you are the best of the best darlin i saw u at kim’s dvd launch and i was honored! ive been dying to know the eyeshadows you had on kim that day for her dvd launch what was it? and what lipstick did she have on? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know…thanks xoxoxo

• Pingback: [CLOSED] CONTEST OVER!!!!!!!!!! Huge YouTube Guru Contest | Open-a-Boutique.com

• ashley118 says:

hey mario, how can i get fuller lips?

• mistressindistress says:

Hey Mario, what foundation/skin products and lashes did you use on Kim K. in your first post? I’ve been dieing to know for ages! Looks gorgeous.
    Thanks
    Elena.

• darkntwisty says:

Mario-You are a genius! I want to go into make-up and it helps to hear your story. My question is how to accentuate small eyes? In photos my eyes always look small and squinty. I don’t want to look over done but I am sick of looking like I am blinded by the sun in my photos, haha. Please help.

• ashley118 says:

i love that girls makeup in the pic.

• ashley118 says:

What are your fav bronzers, blushes, lipsticks, and lipgloss? What are ur fav cherry false eyelashes?

• ashley118 says:

I hope you do get the looks of the ones we asked for.

• ashley118 says:

For the get the look you did on Adrienne Bailon what color Foundation did you use? what kind and color did you use for loose powder and Concealer?
    Your the best love ur blog so much its my Fav!

• ashley118 says:

HEY MARIO, from the makeup video you did with KIM could you tell us the colors and brands that you used on kim under her brow bone. did you put anything on her eyelid before you put the eyeshadows? where can we get beauty tech concealer and what color did you use and what brush? what color makeup forever lift Concealer did you use? what color estte lauder translucent powder did you use under her eye? what estte lauder gloss did you use and what color? what was the brush that you used for the blush? And the brush you used for under her eyes when you used the estee lauder translucent powder?

• princesssassy says:

Hi Mario! I hope everything is going well for you. I have oily skin and wanted to know what face lotion do you recommend? I’ve tried products from Target to expensive La Mer and La Prairie and also I was wondering what is a good face wash to use to remove make up and without make up. I am currently using Shu but for some reason I don’t feel like it works to well.

I also love Kimmie’s make up. I was wondering when are you going to post more GET THE LOOK. I love the make up you did for kim when she attended the fashion show in NYC. Can you share with me and everyone.

Thanks.

• laurasewasty says:

Hi Mario! I absolutely LOVE how you do makeup! My problem is that I have skin slightly on the fair side.

I just recently switched from Bare Minerals (I found it did not cover my acne scars or roseca) and switched to Duo Mat Forever Makeup Powder Foundation. I just got a foundation brush from Sephora called ‘airbrush #55

I was wondering what you think the best blendable brush/concealer to cover my face problems would be, and how I should use it. Esp under eye circles and acne scars.

I really appreciate reading your posts, I am so thankful someone with your skill is helping us out!!

• K says:

Love your work!! I went through all the comments to make sure this wasn’t asked already! I wanted to know about eyebrows. How to shade them in, what brow pencils to choose, etc. Thanks!!!

• RealJFerrelli says:

In January of 2010 I am moving to LA to go to Cinema Makeup School. I currently live in New York, do you think it’s wise for me to move to LA for makeup or would it be best to find a school in NY? I want to know where I have a better chance of succeeding and would love to hear your thoughts about it!

MARIOS SECRET FOR GLOWING SKINEMG-bMDBRYANsmall

EYE M GLAM by MARIO.
get the gorgeous, golden glow!

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1173390 bytes) in /home/content/95/8747195/html/blog/wp-includes/functions.php on line 443