Welcome to my first blog post – “GET THE FACE”

Hey guys…  I know it took me a while to finally start my blog, but here it is!!  I’m going to start off with a “Get the Face” post.  This is one of my favorite looks that I’ve created for Kim Kardashian and I’ve been getting tons of messages and questions on this look, so here we go baby!!  Read below for the products I used.

Eyes – DuWop duet eye shadow in chai (the lighter shade) all over the lid and on the brow bone.  MAC eyeshadow in Brun in the crease.  MAC eyeliner in Feline on top lid.  GIELLA b-dazzle shadow on inner corners of eyes.  MAC eyepencil in Fascinating on the inner rim of the eye.  Brun by MAC swept softly under the eye.  TONS of mascara on top and bottom lashes.  I filled in the brows with MAC brow pencil in Lingering.

Cheeks – NARS blush in desire on the apples of cheeks.  Smashbox bronzer in Suntan Matte on the hollow’s of the cheeks and framing the face, softly.  For the glow on the cheekbones, Stila illuminating powder in Gold.

Lips – MAC creme d’ Nude lipstick.  Make Up For Ever lip pencil in #50.  You can use a gloss for this look but I didn’t because the lipstick is very creamy.

Have fun with it and let me know how it goes!

XO Mario D

Post to Twitter

28 Responses to Welcome to my first blog post – “GET THE FACE”

• Pingback: nonstick cookware

• RJGwen says:

If you try to find place where you can buy term paper or buy research papers here is very great place for you about essays writing, which provide examples and gives an chance to learn how make scrutiny . But this site is more curious, and more helpful. So don’t be lazy and write your own or buy custom essay papers about this post. Thanks.

• Pingback: game fab fashion

• Pingback: Simply Stunning Makeup Tips. | 7Wins.eu

• AzizaW says:

So you’re the reason why Kim has been looking extra wonderful lately! You do beautiful, beautiful work 🙂 The cheeks here are so absolutely amazing.

• ninebyzero says:

hello Mario! it’s great to find all your tips and secrets on your blog.
    I was wondering, you mentioned “TONS of mascara ” for this look on Kim but she’s surely wearing fake eyelashes in this pic… they can’t possibly reach the eyebrow naturally, or can they?

so, what brand of lashes are they?
    thanx!

francesca @ http://ninebyzero.com/

• Pingback: Coco&Lowe »  beauty: how to be gorge like kim kardashian!

• Amylicious says:

I love it! you’re a real genius! thank you! even if i don’t find all the products here in France, you’re inspiring me!

• troy jenson says:

Hi Troy, You are a wonderful fabulous makeup artist ,I love the way you do your makeup so well, a one and truly top artist.

One thing I must add though, in most of your tutorials and ‘get the looks’ you never seem to mention the types of false lashes that they are wearing.

Hope you can add them on the next time, we love our lashes too to complete the fab looks you create.

Thank you so much and now I can’t wait for more of your fab work. Always wanted to see if you had a blog!

• bechiiik says:

Hey Mario! First I would like to tell you that I totally love what you do! It’s soo beautiful! I have a question…Could you tell me what make-up style would be better to fit with this dress?

thanks so much in advance!
    Sarah!

• torreztwins says:

Your AMAZING!!! I WOULD LOVE YOU TO DO ME N MY TWINS MAKEUP!!!! THAT WOULD BE THE BEST!!!
    GOODLUCK WITH EVERYTHING!!

• princesssassy says:

Mario, can you also share with us how to get the look for Kim during the fashion show week in NYC, the one she went with Khloe and wearing a black one shoulder dress. I love the make up in that photo. Thanks Mario…

• princesssassy says:

Thank you Mario, I love the look of Kim. So natural and fresh. I am so excited for your blog and been waiting forever….

• shana says:

Thanks DanielWallace for the reply, I will check it out!

• Gisela says:

Mario, thank you for sharing.
    I love your work.

• kjwdili says:

Ciao Mario- thanks for sharing your secrets!! I look forward to reading your blog and learning from you- I am a makeup artist with Chanel~ ( I would love to see you apply a similar look but on a fair skinned blonde beauty- pretty please!! XO-

• Jadadavid says:

Love it! I’ll definitely be making a shopping list.

Thanks Mario!

• ChilenaMaMii says:

I wondering if you can do a blog of make up must haves? your hgs?

• ChilenaMaMii says:

What Concealor, powder and foundation did you use? i love this look!!! would you make another video?

• ashley118 says:

And the look you did on Kim on http://www.makeupbymario.com forth to the last pic on red carpet. plzz

• ashley118 says:

Can you tell us how you did her makeup on THE VIEW, Rachael Ray show, The Tyra Banks show, Knicks game, Genlux Magazine Photoshoot, Jimmy fallon show, and Today show. Do you always use the same brushes, foundation, and concealer on Kim. I hope you let us all know how you did all the looks.
    Your the best

• ashley118 says:

i love this look she is so pretty.

• Mae says:

This is my most favorite work of yours. It is so elegant, simple, and beautiful.

• deda says:

MARIO! OMG love your work! this look is absolutely stunning! what foundation are you using for kim in this look? I know you usually use makeup forever HD but it doesn’t look like it from these pictures. thanks!

• DanielWallace says:

Shana, you can see all the foundation and prep Mario uses on Youtube. Search “Kim Kardashian makeup” and you’ll see a 3-step video Mario and Kim made about getting “the look”. He even talks about his favorite brushes and applicators! Hope this helps.

• allinbee says:

Soft and beautiful! awesome as always. Thanks for sharing Mario. Can’t wait for the next one…

• shana says:

Thank you for sharing Mario. I love MAC, the make-up has staying power! Nars blush/bronzers are very pretty, havent used them yet, cant wait to get it. You should get commisson or kick back! Kim looks beautiful as always. Please let us know your favorite brushes, the foundation and prep you use on Kim, her face is so smooth and creamy looking! Thanks again. XO-Shana

• DanielWallace says:

So soft. Love it. I got Kevyn Aucoin Shadore and love it.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2261376 bytes) in /home/content/95/8747195/html/blog/wp-includes/functions.php on line 443